Manage and lead a team of RF/Microwave Design Engineers and Technicians that will focus on
passive components such as coaxial attenuators and terminations, power dividers and couplers for
both commercial and military applications. XMA’s primary focus is to advance future technologies
through disruptive RF design, and we need visionaries to help achieve this!
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for successfully leading the engineering team; Including establishing departmental
standards, priorities and output expectations.
- Planning and assigning tasks to engineering and technical teams, overseeing project logistics
and ensuring that projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Actively participating in the development of products that will meet or exceed the customers’
needs. This includes, calculating the circuit design, generating a physical layout and drawings,
defining dependencies required of the mechanical packaging, and understanding the limitations
of the processes that will be used in production.
- Expected to work closely with other team members to transfer the design, as needed, into
detailed drawings and procedures that are required in order to successfully build and test the
products; this includes builds within engineering and full rate production.
- Ensure resources to create and support documentation required for failure analysis, ATP’s,
QTP’s and manufacturing work instructions. The documentation will articulate clearly defined
intent and scope, methods used to test and analyze, and precise conclusion.
- Responsible for providing cost estimates for new products, or existing product redesign, based
on engineering resources, labor and materials.
- Exhibit a strong background in RF mechanical packaging and processes.
- Requires interpersonal skills to work across multiple departments to support operations and key
initiatives in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Develop KPI and other risk management factors to objectively evaluate risk.
- Understand, adhere to and support all facets of the New Product Introduction and Development
- Serve as a lead Design Engineer on projects as deemed necessary
- People Leadership competencies
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving / Analytical
- Time Management
- Direct supervision and leadership of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and
directing work; performance management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work
the environment can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work::
- This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel expectation is 0-10%.
Required Education and/or Experience and Education:
- BS in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of experience in an RF/MW Engineering role; management or leadership experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic modeling tools.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical design used to implement RF/MW designs.
- Knowledge of thin film sputtering, photolithography, and etching is required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; primarily MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Six Sigma Certification (helpful).
- Ability to organize data for analysis and reporting.
- Candidate should have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Candidate should possess good arithmetic skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Due to the nature of our business, some positions may require US Citizenship.
- XMA Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.