Our RF/Microwave Design Engineer is part of the “disruptive” team in support of XMA’s Vision! The incumbent will need a solid background in passive RF components, such as coaxial attenuators and terminations, power dividers and couplers, covering a range of military, commercial, and satellite applications. You will need to readily apply known and new design techniques to operate over multiple octave bandwidths utilizing construction techniques that include stripline, microstrip and suspended stripline in the frequency ranges of DC-110GHz.
- Expected to develop products that will exceed our customer’s needs. This includes calculating the circuit design, generating a physical layout and drawings, defining dependencies required of the mechanical packaging and understanding the limitations of the processes that will be used in production.
- Proficient in RF Test utilizing network analyzers, average and peak power setups.
- Utilize computer simulation tools such as CST, Ansoft Designer, SolidWorks and AutoCad.
- Expected to work closely with the other team members to transfer the design, as needed, into detailed drawings and procedures that are required to successfully build and test the products.
- Create and support documentation required for failure analysis, ATP’s, QTP’s and manufacturing work instructions. The documentation with articulate clearly defined intent and scope, methods used to test and analyze, and a precise conclusion.
- Exhibit a strong background in RF mechanical packaging and processes.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to work across multiple departments to support operations and key initiatives in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Self-initiated, hands-on, and knowledgeable bench support to not only verify his/her own designs, but mentor others to help optimize test and tuning.
- Provides guidance, as required, for any technical design questions, such as:
- Alternate design approaches
- Modeling / analysis of data
- Data Collection
- Component prototyping
- Design reviews
- Root cause failure analysis
- Support all facets of new product design introduction and development processes, including experience in space, cryogenic and high-frequency applications.
- Technical capacity
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving / analytics
- Time management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however, the incumbent must be able to build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stake holders across all areas of the business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes of airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Not to exceed 10%, combination of local and overnight travel.
Required Education and/or Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or 5+ years’ experience in an RF/MW Engineering role.
Knowledge of electromagnetic modeling tools.
Fundamental knowledge of mechanical design used to implement RF/MW designs.
Knowledge of thin film sputtering, photolithography, and etching is required.
RF/Microwave design experience, analysis, circuit/system modeling, and product integration and test (millimeter wave experience preferred).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to organize data for analysis and reporting.
Candidate must have strong mechanical aptitude.
Candidate must have strong arithmetic skills.
Candidates with plating and material science knowledge are preferred.
Candidates with AS9100 QMS experience are preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Due to nature of our business some positions may require US Citizenship.
XMA Corporation organization is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”]