Primary responsibility is to perform in process production testing to product outline drawings for conformity. Position will provide assistance to the production supervisor with planning work on the test equipment to maximize productivity and efficiency. Position accountable for maintaining acceptable quality standards, and training employees on product to manufacturing specifications. In addition will be required to analyze test data and work directly with production assemblers to maximize product yields and plan resources needed to complete special testing.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Calibrate test equipment to accurately test to product specification*
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products and work for conformance to specifications using measurement equipment such as DMM’s and capacitance meters.*
- Engage in continuous improvement mindset by supporting the authoring SOP’s.
- Conduct testing practices in accordance with Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and collect/manage/prepare data packages.*
- Provide feedback of RF test results to operators to optimize performance.*
- Coordinates production activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of staffing, machines and materials.*
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products and work for conformance to specifications.*
- Notify supervisor and other personnel of production problems and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.*
- Analyze test data, making computations/adjustments as necessary, to achieve best results.*
- Assist in conducting employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assigning employee training to experienced workers.*
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected.*
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and AllOrders by NumberCruncher software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years related experience and/or training. Extensive knowledge of network analyzers for measuring S-parameters on attenuators, terminations, DC block, power dividers and couplers.
- RF Testing; Experience using network analyzers for measuring S-parameters on attenuators, terminations, DC block, power dividers and couplers, in a production environment.
- Experience creating and editing test programs for network analyzers from product specifications.
- Experience calibrating network analyzers to ensure accurate measurements.
- Network analyzers
- Calibration kits
- Test adapters and cables
- Torque wrenches
- Resistance soldering irons
- Drill press
- Ultrasonic cleaners
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret a detailed mechanical outline drawing
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed on site and must be performed with in the ITAR requlationThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work with/around fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.