Our assembly team is the cornerstone of our success! The Electro-Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the assembly of mechanical components into sub-assemblies and finished assemblies. Work performed includes soldering utilizing a microscope, hand assembly, use of power tools, laser systems, and other assembly equipment. This superstar also works hand in hand with Engineering to assist in new product development and product transition to routine manufacturing.
- Assembles assigned product parts on assembly line in accordance with production guidelines. *
- Performs first inspection(s) of product to ensure adherence to approved quality standards. *
- Assists in developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality. *
- Provides technical guidance’s to engineering on assembly process and tuning methods. *
- Provides technical guidance for correction of design flaws. *
- Provide guidance and training with the following positions: Assembler I, Assembler II *
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations. *
- Assists with the transition of new products to full rate production by working with Engineering to assemble prototypes, support the development of validation of assembly process, tooling, fixtures in accordance with NPID process. *
- Allocates materials for job orders and creates assembly kits.
- May be required to close job orders. *
- Completes assigned tasks in accordance with company quality standards.*
- Maintains work area in a neat and clean fashion. *
- Ability to follow a detailed mechanical outline drawing
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- No direct reports, however, under the direction of the Operations Director, position indirectly provides guidance to employees in the Manufacturing Assembly process
- Employee will be responsible to ensure production flow is consistent. May be relied upon to train new employees.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to the engineering team on manufacturability.
- Required to work with/around fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee is regularly required to sit long hours and work under a microscope.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Use both hands
- Talk or hear.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Torque wrenches
- Resistance soldering irons
- Drill press
- Ultrasonic cleaners
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position.
- Occasional overtime, including nights and weekends.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Associates degree or higher in Electro Mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering desired.
- Four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees must be able to perform training to the other assembly positions if necessary.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- J- STD- 001
- IPC-A- 610
- OSHA certifications
XMA-Omni Spectra® is committed to equal employment opportunity. Due to nature of our business
some positions may require US Citizenship.
Employment is contingent upon the completion of background check, satisfactory to XMA Corporation,
passing a drug test, and execution of XMA’s Non-Solicitation, Confidentiality, and Inventions