Our assembly team is the cornerstone of our success! The Electro Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the assembly of mechanical components into sub-assemblies and finished assemblies. Work performed includes soldering utilizing a microscope, hand assembly, use of power tools, laser systems, and other assembly equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
XMA-Omni Spectra® is committed to equal employment opportunity. Due to nature of our business some positions may require US Citizenship. Employment is contingent upon the completion of background check, satisfactory to XMA Corporation, passing a drug test, and execution of XMA’s Non-Solicitation, Confidentiality, and Inventions Agreement.
- Assembles assigned product parts on assembly line in accordance with production guidelines.*
- Performs spot checks of product to ensure adherence to approved quality standards.*
- Assists in developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.*
- Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions.*
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations.*
- Completes assigned tasks in accordance with company quality standards
- Maintains work area in a neat and clean fashion.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Present information effectively in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to have:
- J- STD- 001
- OSHA certifications
These certifications are subjected to be received upon hire.
- Torque wrenches
- Resistance soldering irons
- Drill press
- Ultrasonic cleaners
- Employee is regularly required to sit long hours
- Use both hands
- Talk or hear.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Required to work with/around fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals or airborne particles
- Frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
XMA Corporation positions require use of information, which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.
All positions are subject to a satisfactory pre-offer background check and a satisfactory post-offer drug screen.
XMA Corporation will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants who are Veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use the company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the local HR department of the facility you are applying to for assistance.